The Insurent® Lease Guaranty Program was created to assist landlords, condo/co-op owners, renters and brokers in closing residential leases. Its role as the “institutional guarantor” allows thousands of leases to quickly and easily close to the benefit of all parties that otherwise would not close without Insurent.
The list of potential renters who do not have US credit is long and diverse. All of these parties usually will have a very challenging time qualifying for an apartment with NYC landlords/owners. This large problematic group includes:
1. UN employees from all over the world on 1-5 year assignments in NYC
2. Foreigners employed persons relocating to NYC.
3. Wealthy non-employed foreigners wishing to rent an apartment or condo in NYC
4. International students.
5. Recent foreign graduates of US or foreign universities with jobs or job acceptance letters.
6. US students in NYC who have no credit score
7. US citizens who have worked abroad for a few years returning to the US who no longer have a credit score due to inactivity.
In nearly all these situations, the Insurent Program can serve as the critically important guarantor for the renter which enables the renter to quickly and easily get the apartment they want.
Fees for foreign persons without US credit average 110% of one month’s rent. Fees for US persons without US credit average 85% – 95% of one month’s rent.
The Insurent® Lease Guaranty Program was created to serve renters, landlords, condo/co-op owners, and brokers and relocation specialists by offering the first institutional guarantor of residential leases. Insurent Lease Guaranty has been featured in the New York Times, The Real Deal, The New York Real Estate Journal and Real Estate Weekly.
The Insurent® Lease
Guaranty Program is underwritten and issued by Argonaut Insurance Company, a property and casualty insurance company rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. Instead of looking for an individual guarantor or co-signer, or having to pay a significantly larger security deposit or prepaid rent, a renter may utilize the Insurent® Lease Guaranty to satisfy the landlord’s financial and credit requirements.